The nomination period to identify yourself or a colleague for consideration for Staff Council membership will begin on Monday, August 16, 2021, and extend through Friday, September 8, 2021.
Please note, the following information only applies to Staff Council membership.
Eligibility for Nomination
In accordance with Staff Council bylaws, 23 total Staff Council seats are allocated between the five categories that make up the Job Classification & Compensation System (JCCS) structure.
For the 2021 elections, the following seats (9) are available for a three-year term:
- Administrative & Professional (A Structure, 4 seats),
- Skilled Trade (C Structure, 2 seats)
- Information Technology (I Structure, 1 seat)
- Science & Research (S Structure, 1 seat)
- Development (D Structure, 1 seat)
Before nominating yourself or a colleague to serve on Staff Council, ensure that the candidate meets the following criteria:
- Staff must hold a job title in one of the Job Classifications & Compensation System (JCCS) categories that have open seats. Visit the GTHR website for more information or to identify a JCCS job title.
- Must be full-time or part-time (20 hours per week) staff member.
- Staff must have completed at least one year of service (12 consecutive months) at Georgia Tech with a staff title as of August 20, 2021.
- Staff may not hold the title(s) of the following: academic faculty; executive or senior leadership; affiliates (I.e. Alumni Association, Foundation, etc.); research faculty; retiree; or student. Please note anyone holding the titles above may neither nominate a candidate to Staff Council, nor vote in the election process.
It is highly recommended that you speak with your nominee(s) prior to completing the nomination form to verify interest and ability of the individual to commit to the responsibilities of the Staff Council. Staff can nominate more than one person subject to eligibility guidelines.
Staff Council Duties
A prospective Staff Council member should be prepared to serve as a leader within the Staff Council and as a voice to Institute leadership. Other expectations are as follows:
- Spend approximately ten hours per month on Staff Council related responsibilities.
- Attend monthly Staff Council meetings and serve on one of the Staff Council committees that meet each month.
- Serve office hours and engage in other activities to promote the mission of the Staff Council.
- Follow the Staff Council attendance policy
Officer and Committee Chair positions may require additional time. Approval to serve from the individual’s supervisor is strongly encouraged.
If you have any questions regarding the nominations process, please contact the Staff Council Elections Chair.