Thank you for your interest in the Georgia Tech Staff Council. In the 2022 elections cycle, elected member nominations and committee member applications are accepted simultaneously.
What is the difference between Staff Council membership and Staff Council Committee membership?
Staff Council Elected Membership Eligibility
- Employed at Georgia Tech for at least one year – hire date no later than August 15, 2021
- Three-year term beginning on January 1, 2023
- Must be self-nominated or nominated by a colleague
- Nominee’s classification (administrative, crafts & skilled trades, development, information technology, or science & research support) must align with a vacant Staff Council seat in accordance with the Georgia Tech Staff Job Classification and Compensation System (JCCS) structure. Click here for more information about the nomination process for elected membership.
Staff Council Committee Membership Eligibility
- Employed at Georgia Tech for at least one year – hire date no later than February 15, 2022
- One-year term beginning on January 1, 2023
- Applications are reviewed, considered, and selected by each Committee Chair
- All Georgia Tech staff are eligible to apply for committee membership.
Staff Council Elections 2022 Timeline
- August 15—September 16– Nomination Period
- August 18, 2:00-3:30 pm, Virtual Information Session during Staff Council General Meeting
- September 29 – October 13 – Election Period
- Week of October 20 – New Elected Member & New Committee Member Notifications